Infopoint - Tørning Mill
Find inspiration for experiences near Tørning Mill and in all of Haderslev Municipality.
While holidaying in Haderslev Municipality, there are 10 different infopoints to visit. Each has a stand with brochures and a screen showing local attractions and experiences, places to eat, accommodation and activities. There is a notebook at each stand that you can use to make note of your plans. Manned infopoints are open during the hours of opening at their location.
Tørning Mill is one of the biggest cultural treasures in Southern Jutland, with the castle bank, the site of the previous Tørning Castle, and the site from which kings and dukes from the middle ages reigned over the country. There has probably been a mill here at the site since the middle ages, when Tørninghus was one of the most important castles in the area and played a central role in the battles between the Danish kings and the counts from Holstein. The mill has burnt down several times – the latest being in 1907, whereafter it has been reconstructed and is now a beautiful example of industrial mills from the beginning of the 20th Century. Near the main building of the mill you can find a small information centre. You can also book a guided tour from Tørning Mill and get the story of both the Mill and Tørninghus.
Here, you can see all the infopoints in Haderslev Municipality:
- Haderslev Turist Information, Apotekergade 11, 6100 Haderslev
- Danhostel (hostel), Erlevvej 34, 6100 Haderslev
- Gammelbro Camping (camp site), Gammelbrovej 70, 6100 Haderslev
- Sandersvig Camping & Tropical Waterpark (camp site), Espagervej 15, 6100 Haderslev
- Tørning Mølle (historical centre), Tørningvej 6, 6500 Vojens
- Aarøsund Ferry, Aarøsund Havn 1, 6100 Haderslev
- Årø Winery, Aarø 210, 6100 Haderslev
- Bispen Cultural Centre, Bispebroen 3, 6100 Haderslev.
- Gram Leisure Centre, Stadionvej 15, 6510 Gram
- Gram Castle, Slotsvej 54, 6510 Gram
- Vojens Hallerne, Stadion Parken 6, 6500 Vojens